Providing temporary supported accommodation
The Exaireo Trust is a local Christian Charity and Registered Provider of Social Housing providing temporary supported accommodation and a holistic service to single adults that are homeless.
We currently have fifteen houses in Loughborough and Coalville supporting more than 50 residents. Through the provision of a home, access to healthcare, help to develop life skills and encouragement back into work we aim to assist individuals to move-on to live independently in the future.
In 2016 we opened our first Community House specifically aimed at those recovering from drug and alcohol addictions; Inspiration House has a member of staff living on site and runs a structured day programme to help the residents.
In 2021 we opened Ruach House specifically aimed at women recovering from addiction. It runs in a similar way to Inspiration House.
Getting residents back to work is important and we provide a number of volunteering opportunities both at our Reuse Project and in the community.
A BRIEF HISTORY, THE STORY SO FAR…
The Exaireo Trust was founded by a small group of friends that felt passionately that there needed to be a local organisation helping those that were homeless.
- Established as a charity in 2008.
- Initially had just 3 houses and 11 residents.
- Grew steadily with the help of a local housing association, establishing itself as a key provider of temporary supported accommodation in this area.
- Won the national Centre for Social Justice Award Dec 2013.
- Became a Registered Provider of Social Housing in Dec 2016.
- Purchased it’s first property in 2016, renovating it as a home with a family feel.
- Opened Inspiration House as a community house for those recovering from addiction.
- Established a Furniture Project to reuse and recycle unwanted household items.
- Reuse Project grew out of the furniture project and now offers paint as well as furniture.
- Opened Ruach House as a community house for women recovering from addiction.